Out of sheer stupidity,
I have just consumed my dinner with a glass of red wine,
followed by two huge glasses of cold milo.**
I feel sooooooooooooooooo sick.
What the fuck was I thinking?!?
I am seriously thinking of making myself go and throw up.
Would that be bad?
It would be bad, wouldn’t it?
But maybe I’d feel better.
But maybe not!
Oh god I feel sick.
Why did I do it?
** That’s a chocolately malt drink – for the non-Aussies!
. . . . to load this new post draft page up onto my pooter,
this is how much I consumed of the subject of the post.
. . . . . .
I don’t smoke. I don’t do drugs (of the illicit kind) and I barely drink anymore.
But I HAVE to have a vice!
Hellllooooooo chocolate frappe.
And this isn’t the $5 ripoff (mostly ice – if you don’t mind) version from the hamburger chain
the $7 yummy (but currently unaffordable) version from the cafe chain – no!
This is the make-it-at-home and save $$$, version.
Here are the ingredients, that totalled $17.15.
Combined they will make a minimum of 8 frappes,
although I will have to replace the milk once
and the chocolate syrup will last at least 100 frappes.
Want to see the finished product?
Say it with me now – yummmmmm
And a closeup of the syrupy goodness?
Man, that looks good
So, in case you need it, here is the recipe to one of my bestest coping methods for depression.
- Whipping/mixing container (I used a tupperware model)
- Two dollops of chocolate icecream (I usually use Connoisseur Belgium Chocolate)
- Two tablespoons of chocolate powder (I only use Alpen Drinking chocolate)
- Good dash of low calory milk (might as well pretend it’s healthy)
- Shake really well
- Add more milk to top up the container
- Shake again
- Remove lid and chuck in the sink
- Zoosh on some canned whipping cream (at least 2 inches)
- Top with chocolate syrup (I went all-out and bought Hersheys, and it wasn’t a bad idea!)
I’ll leave you with some photos of one of my muttleys,
doing some “Quality Control” on the products during the photo shoot
Wasn’t that good of him?!?