I often wonder whether I am closer to the edge of stupidity
or the edge of intelligence.
I see and read things that happen
in my community, this country and our world,
and wonder how we simply cannot see how stupid we are as a collective entity.
The Human race.
We are so fucked!
Here are just a few classic examples – in case you need them!
* We allow commerce to dictate how we treat our environment!
* We treat small crimes against societal acceptance, worse than we treat crimes against humanity.
* As nations, we ignore countless acts of cruelty against children, women, animals, creeds, cultures and religions.
* Internationally, we only take action if it is in self-interest/gain.
* We worship people who are the best at one thing – self promotion, yet are not famous for being good at anything worthwhile (or important, valuable, selfless), such as . . . saving lives, saving the planet, improving education, changing the fortune of those with less, ending slavery, saving children from poverty, curing disease, etc, etc, etc
* Dictators and political criminals are treated with respect and diplomacy, while those that they crush, victimise, destroy, imprison, murder and violate disappear without consequence.
Money greases the wheel of corruption in every democratic AND non-democratic country in the world.
WE allow it.
We train ourselves to believe, that we can do little or nothing.
We overlook small elements of dissatisfaction in our own small parts of the world,
like pushy business men who bluster policy changes through our local councils,
and State/Provinicla leaders who marshall inappropriate laws through our parliaments
all the way the National leaders who make promises at elections, only to discard them at their earliest convenience.
And we do nothing!
No wonder I’m depressed!